Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Shopping and being creative [aka. DIY]

Tadaaa~ I'm back!
I'm really sorry for being on hiatus for a long time but I just didn't have time or interesting stuff to tell... anyway I'm back now ^-^.

All the exams are over and now I'm just waiting for summer break (*cough* 17 days left *cough*).
So since summer is coming up and it's getting suuper warm, I went to the city to hunt for shoes. The thing is...I'm not a shoe person ( yeah I know every girl is gonna gasp here, I'm sorry) and I'm also not a bag person (more gasp) so it's particularly hard to find those things. I dislike walking into shoe and bag shops but I can't say why. kekeke

It took me three hours to get two pairs of shoes. Went to the city in the crazy heat (approx. 27°c?). I'm pretty happy with my purchases though.


*click for pictures*


Sneakers~


I know they are not really summer shoes, but I thought I'd need new sneakers since I somehow managed to rip my converse...I got them for a good price, too. 29,95€ ~

Then I got a pair of real summer shoes. I was eyeing with roman gladiator sandals for a long time and finally purchased them.




Lucky me got the last pair in my size (38)!! Had to elbow my way to them, hah just joking ^^. I got them for 19,90€, a good price, too! Aren't they pretty?? They look the best on me, though haha.


My feet look weird here...but note the nail polish ^^



It was really really hot the past days, so I'm really glad that I found them. Maybe I will go shop for flats next week. Ok, I admit I'm not that hateful towards shoes,maybe there is a little shoe-addict in me....

I also found a creative fashion person in me this weekend. I tried to modify modified a dress!
I got it from TK Maxx one year ago and actually never really wore it because it didn't look so good in my closet as it did in the shop.

BEFORE
Ignore face expression. The collar made the dress somewhat too formal and the sleeves made the dress look less "open".It also didn't have the open-summer-feel. Also because of the collar. I forgot to take a photo before I modified it, that's why I had to tuck the sleeves in to make a pseudo "before" photo. haha. I also forgot to button the dress up to display its formality... yeah I suck.
I made a close-up of the collar though!


What I basically did: I cut the sleeves off to make a kind of tank top dress and cut the collar into an u shaped neckline to make the dress less formal and more summer-ish.




sleeves


collar, can you already feel the summer-ish feeling of the dress?? xDD

It took me around two days to make the dress since I not only cut it but had to sew everything together,too. The result :


I'm pretty satisfied with this. Going to make a prettier photo soon, this one looks somewhat weird... xD I'm deliberating to use a white belt and use white buttons to match this but I don't know. Maybe you could write your opinion about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment